Water Heater Installation and Repair
A water heater seems like such a simple appliance, but there are many different types to consider when thinking about a water heater replacement. Mode Comfort & Air Quality has many years of experience in water heater repair and installation on all makes and models, but we do have certain brands we recommend.
Mode can perform a water heater replacement or repair on any of the following:
- Traditional/Tank water heater
- Tankless water heater
- High-efficiency tank water heater
- Hybrid water heater (tankless water heater attached to a tank)
- Heat pump water heater (a heat pump is mounted to the water heater to produce hot water)
- Solar water heater (water-filled solar panels are mounted to the roof and pumped to the water heater)
- Geothermal water heater
Traditional water heaters can heat using:
Tankless water heaters can heat using:
Considering a Tankless Water Heater Installation?
Hot water is one of those luxuries we just can’t do without. If you want on-demand hot water anytime, then a tankless water heater is for you. At Mode Comfort & Air Quality, we recommend Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters.
Benefits of a Rinnai tankless water heater installation include:
The only real downsides to a tankless water heater are:
- Increased cost over a traditional water heater installation
- Annual required maintenance from your HVAC professional (you can join the Mode Fan Club and get two preventative maintenance check-ups per year.)
- Tankless water heaters do not fit well in every home. A traditional water heater replacement may be required.
Maybe a Traditional Water Heater Suits Your Needs Better
While tankless water heaters offer many great benefits, sometimes basic is just better, and it is almost always more affordable! If you already have a traditional water heater and are looking for the most cost-effective option for a water heater replacement, a tank system may be the way to go.
For traditional tank water heaters, Mode recommends Bradford White products, which are made in America at facilities that employ over 2,300 people.
Some benefits to sticking with a traditional water heater include:
- Lower cost for the equipment.
- Lower cost for the water heater installation.
- Traditional water heaters do not require annual maintenance like a tankless water heater.
Not Sure Whether to Choose Electric or Gas for Your Water Heater Replacement?
You may be surprised to find out that if you currently have a gas water heater, you can change to electric with your water heater replacement and vice versa. This conversion does not work in every circumstance, but your Mode technician will let you know your options when he comes to do your water heater replacement estimate.